Deepest sympathy to you on the death of a loved one. The checklist below will help you towards planning and arranging a funeral liturgy.
- A presentation of 3 or 4 symbols, each representing an activity/hobby/interest/element that was a significant in the person’s life e.g. a photo to represent family. (optional)
- Liturgy of the Word: (2 Ministers of the Word)
- First Minister: a Reading from the Old Testament
- The cantor/singer will normally sing the psalm.
- Second Minister: A reading from the New Testament
- Prayers of the Faithful: 1 reader or as many readers as prayers chosen (4/5)
- Presentation of the Gifts (bread and wine): 2 people
- Eucharistic Minister: There may be one in the family who may like to minister the Eucharist or you may like to ask one who is a friend of the family. If not don’t worry, the priest will arrange one)
- A poem or verse after Communion is optional.
The priest will help put you in touch with a cantor & organist for the funeral Mass of your loved one. Sacred or Church Music only.
Please see this document for Readings from the Old Testament that you may like to incorporate.